Motherhood

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Becoming a first time mom has most definitely had its up and downs. I feel like before becoming a parent you have so many expectations of what you think it will be like or how you will behave but in reality once that beautiful tiny human enters the world it all changes. I admit I was one of those pregnant women that said things like “I won’t be giving my child a dummy” and “I won’t hold them all day they’ll need to learn to be put down”. Now as you can probably guess both of these things went straight out the window and quite frankly I could not care less.

No one should ever judge another persons way of parenting, were all different and theres no right or wrong on if you want to give your child a dummy or not. I personally would prefer to not have my child scream at me if she happily takes comfort from her dummy, its not hurting anyone and it makes her happy so that’s enough convincing for me. Its the weirdest feeling, holding your baby for the first time, you get this massive rush of love, a feeling never felt before, a feeling you didn’t even know existed, and in that exact moment I felt my life had meaning, my life had a purpose and I was meant to be a mom. My daughter is my greatest achievement, she makes me want to do better and be the best version of myself so that she can be the best version of herself. This tiny person now relies on me to survive so I’ve got to step up and make sure I am doing the best I can. 

My biggest piece of advice for any mom to be would be:capture every moment,hold your baby for as long as you can,take them all in as they won’t ever be that small again,smell them (newborn scent is the most magical smell) remember how lucky you are to have the gift of motherhood and never take any moment for granted because trust me, you blink and they’ve grown up!

No comments :

Post a Comment